• Wayne Nicholl
    Hi, I am currently working for a small / med construction company and looking at potentially using the ISO framework as a vehicle to lift our H&S standards. In a past life I did some auditing for ISO and to be honest it has sort of put me off. Has it changed to a point where it is not an admin nightmare to maintain? Has anyone implemented it and did it actually improve safety or just your audit scores??
  • Tony Walton
    Hi Wayne - I've implemented ISO 45001 in several organisations 2017/18. Yes the management system standard has significantly changed from an 'admin nightmare' to 'you decide what documentation you'll keep' and wisely goes with a risk based approach focusing on 'what really matters'. Does it improve safety? Compared to WSMP, Safe Plus, AS/NZS 4801 or ISO18001 you'll be pleasantly surprised with the analysis and what to do with it. Find me on LinkedIn NZ if you'd like to discuss your specific situation..
  • Michael Wilson
    We are currently exploring this. We are waiting for ACC to make some decisions around EAP which is slowing down my business case.
  • Andrew Jorgensen
    In my experience, both internal H&S standards or external ISO standards require an audit to look for gaps, action system to close the gaps, and monitoring. Have you looked at SafePlus?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Safeguard forum!

If you are interested in workplace health & safety in New Zealand, then this is the discussion forum for you.