• Simon Lawrence
    Aside from the SafePlus thing, which is all but invisible, ACC are moving towards a big rethink of their own, slated for 2019. It's a sort of amalgamation of experience rating, resourcing for employers, collaboration, benchmarking and a sprinkle of incentives. They are Option A and Option B, which have no official titles yet. Option A is intended to be the default. So it won't be business as usual if it goes ahead. Quite a lot of ideas are listed for discussion and feedback. Option B is for larger employers and is intended to be the re-designed Accredited Employer Programme.

I did a post about it a month or so ago if anyone is interested. At that time, you will see I wasn't sure if Option B was to replace AEP, but it's been confirmed to me that is the intention. This is the post.

The post includes links to the relevant ACC web page and a PDF summary I put together.

I'd be interested in further discussions if anyone has some thoughts.
  • robyn moses
    I experienced loss of health and safety resources including personnel and monetary as soon as WSMP was cut - these cost savings will be used to pay the levies in full. We fall under option A, food manufactuing it is in the high risk catergory - like every other buisness in this industry sprains and strains are the norm. The buisness has come along way in automating must of our processes in the past 5 years, though it is still heavily manual loaded an example is the need for speicalist meat cuts that can only be performed by knife hands and the risk of carpal tunnel. Aging workforce and unskilled labour increases our injury rate. Having read the latest update from ACC their is little in either option for us, so it will just be buisness as usual.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Safeguard forum!

If you are interested in workplace health & safety in New Zealand, then this is the discussion forum for you.