• Mark Jennings
    While I am looking for H&S work, I have developed an Action Plan to help small businesses understand what they need to do as they work their way through setting up an H&S system. It provides guidance and offers forms that they may use. Do I need a disclaimer and, if I do, what should it say? Appreciate your help.
  • Amanda
    Yes a disclaimer would be ideal. Something along the aligns of
    "Document is Template only. Documentation and implementation is controlled by the user. (Your Company Name) recommends professional advice is sought for individual companies to ensure fit for purpose and successful implementation.

(your company Name) holds no responsibility to liabilities or damages such as (list examples like injury, reputation etc)
  • Andrew
    What are you disclaiming?

I assume you are trying to avoid any professional negligence damages.

You might be better off setting up a Limited Liability Company. That would limit your personal exposure.,
  • Mark Jennings
    Thanks Amanda. I have added an appropriate disclaimer based on your post.
    I have set up LearnOn Limited, a LLC. I also aim to get Liability Insurance (soon).
    The disclaimer is more for the client to realise that they need to complete the plan themselves particularly as the meeting will be via Zoom/virtual. I will then follow up later to check how they were doing.
    This Action Plan is intended for new, small businesses that need H&S help.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Safeguard forum!

If you are interested in workplace health & safety in New Zealand, then this is the discussion forum for you.