• G Gillard
    Hi Folks,
    I am after some recommendations for a lone worker monitoring unit. We want something easy to use/wear and cost effective.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance.
  • Peter Bateman
    Great question - but just a note to potential respondents: please keep any recommendations limited to your own organisation's experience (ie: this is a non-commercial forum, so we don't want suppliers of lone worker solutions piling in ...)
  • Graham Neate
    The two types of lone work that are the highest level of risk for our organisation are truck drivers operating self-loading logging trucks and fertiliser trucks working in remote areas that are steep and with no phone nor RT coverage. We've looked at rollover devices and man down devices but opted for a small portable device called a Spot Gen 3. They work off satellites and have a check in mode, can use a customised message and also have an SOS button. They also have a tracking system based on google maps. Hope this helps.
  • Petra Hakansson
    Hi. Yes we're a supplier (albeit hardware agnostic but we do supply some devices). I'm sure Peter knew I'd be wading in, uninvited :) Because I'm passionate about knowledgeable advice based on real experience. We are not fans of Spot devices in a commercial environment.

There are a number of independent reviews which have been done; copy and paste the link below for a really thorough review.
    https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/topics/camping-and-hiking/best-personal-locator-beacon
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Safeguard forum!

If you are interested in workplace health & safety in New Zealand, then this is the discussion forum for you.