• Michael Wilson
    Hello,

I am reviewing our staff vaccinations. What vaccinations (other than influenza) do you give your staff and why?
  • rebecca telfer
    hi there
    we offer our staff Hepatitis injections due to some trucks that our techs work on.
  • Chris Anderson
    At my previous employer we were given Hep A +B, Tetanus, and Diphtheria as we worked with biological materials.
  • Susan Gale
    We test for immunity for Hep A+B. For working in/around water/wastewater.
  • Aaron Marshall
    What sort of industry are you in, and where do you operate?
    I used to work for a company that involved FIFO work to PNG, which meant more vaccinations were provided, as there was more exposure.
    Now, I'm office-based here in NZ, Flu vaccine is sufficient.
  • Wayne Nicholl
    This should come from your risk register
  • Michael Wilson
    Asking this question is part of the research for the risk register.
  • Wayne Nicholl
    or the other way around I guess. What are the risks I am faced with when I do this task - what controls can i put in place. If there is exposure to sewerage what controls would I put in place to prevent getting exposed. What else can I do if the controls fail? Sort of like getting a secondary control in place. Primary control is to avoid the exposure - secondary control for when the primary control fails. Hope that makes sense - did in my head,
  • Michael Wilson
    Thanks Wayne. I agree. Just making sure we haven't missed anything.
  • Jan-Ulf Kuwilsky
    Wayne Nicholl put it well. Determine exposure, determine primary controls and use vaccinations as additional controls.
    Additionally, look at relevant industry standards for what is recommended/required. Also the New Zealand Immunisation Advisory Centre.
    As an example, Plumbers generally require Hep A&B and IPV. Without having checked it, I believe that is even part of their registration requirement.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Safeguard forum!

If you are interested in workplace health & safety in New Zealand, then this is the discussion forum for you.