• Don Ramsay
    I have taken a slightly different approach and notified my customers that we were going to do a prequal, and register through TOTIKA. All but 1 was fine with it. So for that one I asked them to carry the cost of the extra compliance, and they have since accepted TOTIKA.
  • Steve H
    So for that one I asked them to carry the cost of the extra compliance, and they have since accepted TOTIKA.Don Ramsay

Sweet Don, like your style :up:
  • Don Ramsay
    I am still wondering what I would have done if they said no and called my bluff??
  • Steve H
    Cost/Benefit analysis, if their work is substantial, they don't over complicate getting it done and then pay the agreed amount by the agreed time, guess you would have been stuck, but fail the CBA, and then it's time for the advice that involves sex and travel.
  • Alana Bruce
    I can only see that there are three certification and assessment schemes that Totika recognises: Safe+, Q-Safe, ISO45001. Totika will not accept anything else even though other certifications may align with these. I have been advised from Totika that a certification we use is that, "It is out of their scope".

Businesses can be completely different to one another. While there can be some merit in pre-quals as a check of systems and processes, they can be generic and therefore frustrating, because they are not a true reflection of what is happening at the coal-face. In turn this can be a costly exercise in terms of time/cost justifying the merits of other certifications to clients.

I would be interested if anyone else has had this issue too.
  • Don Ramsay
    They accept SHE as well, But I have also found that the basic information is collected from all these prequal companies is the same, and they are looking at process with supporting evidence. As highlighted we went to TOTIKA to save money and time doing the same information for various prequal companies who have sold their product to our clients and convinced them that that is the way to go. Totika is the platform that holds these in 1 place so our customers can see that we have met a consistent independent standard. Personally, I do not like them but they have become a fact of life and our customers are using them as the benchmark when selecting suppliers.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Safeguard forum!

If you are interested in workplace health & safety in New Zealand, then this is the discussion forum for you.