• Sarah Fair
    Hi everyone,
    We are currently reviewing EAP Providers for primarily counselling services, and would like you to please share your thoughts/experience with the EAP Providers you either currently use or have used in the past.
    Thanks in advance,
    Sarah
  • Brendon Ward
    This is a good question. We are currently doing the same thing. Our organisation is wanting to move towards a provider that has coverage for both NZ and Australia.

The two players we're setting off against each other is EAP Services and Benestar.
  • Garth Forsberg
    We recently changed providers, after several complaints from staff that the existing service had not met their needs. They had cancelled and changed appointments at the last minute, and then not handled the complaint well.

The change process involved reference checks with other clients of the provider, as well as interviewing the providers to determine their processes and capabilities around service provision and complaint handling. But it is a difficult call to make due to the confidential nature of the service being provided.

However, we are very happy with the new service and the staff feedback that we have had has been good.
  • Sarah Becker
    We use EAP Services and have not had any issues with their performance.
  • Tim Beach
    EAP Services changed hands at the end of last year and is now owned by the Habit Group which has resulted in improved performance.
  • Pia
    I have had experience with a few and the interactions I had with Instep many years ago was very good, but can't comment on what they are like now.
    I wouldn't recommend one provider but not appropriate for me to comment publicly so feel free to email me
  • robyn moses
    We use EAP Services made a referral last month. Our worker preferred face to face counselling rather than ph option which they tried to push. I think we had to wait 3 wks to see somebody not ideal but it is what it is in these times. they sound really busy
  • Sarah Bond
    I found EAP Services and Habit group great all round.
  • Christina Carroll
    We use Benestar and found them very good. Staff are able to make appointments directly with the counsellor of choice. I have not had any negative feedback of the service.
  • Janet Welsh
    We were with EAP, but as they have no one in our area we have changed to OCP (Timaru)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Safeguard forum!

If you are interested in workplace health & safety in New Zealand, then this is the discussion forum for you.