• Tracey I
    We are looking to purchase good quality Air Temperature monitoring units for 3 of our offices in the Hawkes Bay to ensure that our staff are not working in excessive heat (we had several 30-degree + days here this summer). Alerts sent via email or to a mobile device would be ideal but not essential as long as staff can report any excessive temperatures to our H&S Committee. Can anyone recommend a devise or company I can go to for options? Thanks Tracey

• Stuart OakeyAccepted Answer
    Hi Tracy,
    If you're already aware of excessive temperatures that affect the workplace why aren't risk mitigation measures being taken? What will the H&S Committee do if you get a high temperature alarm? Do you need justification to get air conditioning installed? I think you need to do a risk assessment base on what you already know and include the people who work in the offices in the assessment process.
  • Christopher Hyndman
    Hey Tracey, measuring the air temperature will only tell you half of the story, you need to consider all the other factors that add to comfort levels to arrive at the right solution.

WorkSafe have produced this guidance document on Workplace Discomfort which you may find of use.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Safeguard forum!

If you are interested in workplace health & safety in New Zealand, then this is the discussion forum for you.