• Andrew
    This is being reported today. Apparently ACC disestablishing 390 roles - almost 10% of workforce impacted.

Frankly, it doesn't surprise me and will be easy to achieve.Just loose the ones that do not productively touch injury and compensation management.

ACC's service delivery has dropped so much much over the past few years I just dont even rate them.

Very hard to get timely Return-To-Work Plans up and running. Heard absolutely zero from them on "Injury Prevention" and I'm still waiting for a decision on a claim I started contesting early October last year.

From 2022 to 2023 their staff cost went from $375m to $420m. Way more than the labour cost index increase. The Annual report shows they are bloated.

Time for a shake up.
  • Don Ramsay
    Hopefully the same will happen to worksafe.
  • Andrew
    These public service departments are there to provide a service to the public. I think many would struggle to articulate just what that service is nowadays.

My conversations with Worksafe have been cordial enough. But I don't think any real value has been added.
  • Murray Belchamber
    Andrew has a few valid points. ACC seem to have forgotten what their acronym stands for. Accident compensation should have remained their sole function. - Identify and determine that an injury was caused accidentally (using supplied information), pay compensation for as long as it is needed.
    Naturally the data the organisation collects will have a valuable effect on identifying causes so this information may be used in the prevention of similar accidents; But this should activity should never have been claimed by ACC as their role. The analysis and application of the data is very logically the function of Work-safe.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Safeguard forum!

If you are interested in workplace health & safety in New Zealand, then this is the discussion forum for you.