• Genevieve Power
    Does anyone know an engaging trainer for saliva testing, ideally their course doesn't take too long or are flexible in chunking the course into 2.
    Also Alcohol breath testing - does every purchase or hire their units - any preferred suppliers

Feel free to PM me
  • Kathy Froy
    We use InScience, based in Christchurch but they travel around the country. Have the option of in-person or online training too.
    We purchase all our kit through them as well.
  • John Easton
    We used Sobercheck. The online training took 3.5hrs and the trainer was Tania Jarvis who was excellent. Our ABT was purchased from Sobercheck and is a Lifeloc FC10. Sobercheck also calibrate for us every 6 months.
  • CK Rahi
    The new Alcolizer breathalysers certified to AS3547:2019 are calibrated annually so takes the headache away of sending every six months. Moreover, if your devices are certified to AS3547:2019 they should be reading in g/210l of breadth. ug/l was for the old standard and some suppliers are providing As3547:2019 certified devices to read in ug/l which means the tools are no longer certified to the standard. HH4 breathalyser or LE5 as used by Police in Australia are BT and you can print a docket with a positive result if required.
  • Genevieve Power
    Thanks so much, this was all really helpful
    Is saliva testing an option for alcohol
  • Gail Swanepoel
    We do the same as John Easton, Sobercheck and Tania Jarvix as this can be done through teams or Zoom.
  • CK Rahi
    Dear Genevieve

I run trainings regularly on Zoom and face to face, being a member of AMROA and AS/NZS committee our courses are very hands on and provide practical tips.
    Two of the tools that NZ police trialed for roadside testing Druglizer and Drugwioes are supplied by Advance Diagnostics and we also provide Oral Detect certified to the standards.

https://www.advancediagnostics.co.nz/course/workplace-drug-testing-trainingus-32327-and-32328-saliva-based/

Happy to assist and if you share your number i can give you a call.

Thanks
    CK
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Safeguard forum!

If you are interested in workplace health & safety in New Zealand, then this is the discussion forum for you.