• Admin
    This topic is to enable me, as administrator, to suggest from time to time ways to best make use of the forum's many facilities. Other members are of course welcome to add their tips too.
    (I don't for a moment claim omniscience in this - I'm still learning the ropes too!)

Today's tip: make use of the direct messaging facility when you wish to respond to someone's query with a message which is personal rather than for everyone's consumption. To do this, use the Members tab at the top of the screen to find the person, and then select "Start a conversation".

Like an email "cc" facility, you can also specify individual members to be copied into the conversation if required.

Importantly, these "conversation" direct messages are private. Neither the forum administrator, nor any of the forum's moderators, can see them.
  • Admin
    Have you changed your email address since you joined the Safeguard Forum?

If so, please be sure change your email address in your Forum account.

Otherwise you won't receive the weekly activity email, which is sent every Thursday at midday.

And that would be a shame!
  • Admin
    Ever wondered why you no longer receive the weekly summary email from the Safeguard Forum?

It's probably because the email address you used when you joined the Forum is no longer valid, usually because you have changed organisation.

Solution:
    • Click on your name at top left
    • Select "Edit Profile"
    • Select "Change Email"

It could also be because, when you created your Forum a/c, you unticked the box "Subscribe to mailing list".
    To fix this, go into "Set Preferences" and remove the tick from "Remove me from mailing list".
  • Andrew
    Hey admin - howabout an option where we can edit our posts. I have a few that could do with tweaking!
  • Andrew
    Hey Admin. Email to you bounced back undelivered. Only option on three dots is "share" icon.
  • Admin
    I have changed the Forum's settings so that members may now edit their own posts up to one day afterwards. (Previously, members could edit their posts only up to ten minutes after posting.)

To edit your own post, revisit the post and hover over the three dots, which should give you a pencil logo - that's the edit option.
  • Andrew
    Cool. Thanks for that - a feature I'll make a lot of use of!
  • Susan Gale
    Hi Admin- how do you change your name that is displayed? Looked under options but can't figure it out.
    Thanks.
  • Admin
    Looks like you can't change your name yourself (I just tried wearing my @Peter Bateman hat). However as administrator I can change member names.
  • Susan Gale
    Hi Peter...thanks for response. Could you please change mine? I just need my surname removed (noticed that others don't usually use theirs). Thanks.
  • E Baxter
    @admin
    I tried to edit a post but hovering over the 3 dots only gives me the option to share
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Safeguard forum!

If you are interested in workplace health & safety in New Zealand, then this is the discussion forum for you.