• Michael Wilson
    Does anyone else have environment as part of their portfolio?
    Is there a similar forum for that?
  • Peter Bateman
    Not sure about other forums, but I can reveal that 45% of the 450-odd people who responded to Safeguard's recent Income survey (currently being analysed) said they also have environmental responsibilities.
    This forum allows for the creation of multiple categories. Currently there are only two: Q&A and Discussion. We could create a third category, Environment, if members think that is a good idea.
    Each member is able to customise their Forum experience by, for example, excluding categories they aren't interested in.
    Similarly, we could create a category for H&S reps, to encourage more of them to join the Forum and generate discussion.
    However, the argument against creating multiple categories is that such fragmentation is unnecessary in quite a small H&S community.
    Happy to hear more arguments for and against over the next week.
  • Vivi Hitchcock
    My portfolio is about 85% environmental and would be very keen to see an environmental category
  • Melanie Buxton
    My portfolio also contains Environmental, so I would be keen to see an environmental category as well
  • Alana Bruce
    My portfolio contains Environmental element too and this is linked with our company's Health and Safety strategy. Very keen to see an environmental category added.
  • robyn moses
    My portfolio is about 25% environmental it integrates well with my health and safety role particularly legionella risk management and control, waste water treatment to reduce nitrate loading in water ways and irrigation.
  • Campbell Hardy
    Absoluety... HSE is the name of the game. Looking at the name I should be 30% thereabouts, however is more around the 10-15% as our main client provides most of the services and work in this area.
  • Admin
    FYI, a new category for posts has been created, called: Environment: the 'E' in 'HSE'
    Also a new category for H&S reps, so by all means encourage your reps to join the Forum.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Safeguard forum!

If you are interested in workplace health & safety in New Zealand, then this is the discussion forum for you.