• rebecca telfer
    my question is.
    do toolbox meeting minutes need to be signed off by managers legally in NZ. we note who has attended.
    thanks
  • Andrew
    No (toolbox meetings, per se, arent a legal requirement)
  • Craig Marriott
    Have a look here - particularly the video titled 'paperwork'
    https://vimeo.com/showcase/3938199
  • James Ashby

Hi Craig brilliant I am half way through watching these video's.- "The Law. Social psychology and Risk " presented by a psychologist and a lawyer ably hosted by Craig Ashhurst.
    On this Forum we have discussed several times of how we can be a effective communicator, however these video's gave me a greater awareness to understand people,the main thread that ran through these video's watched thus far.

Dr Robert Long provides some interesting insights regarding Human Dymensions.
    Their insights into managing risks with people amazing, I have had to watch three of these videos again to get the import of especially understanding communicating with people and organisations becoming familiar with, and,understanding their H&S systems
    Following video's the human psychology of why we get it wrong!!! or maybe....... I got it wrong!!
    [1*] Paper work
    [/2 ]Due Diligence
    [*3] High Viz

Thanks for sharing
    James
  • EmmaB
    Great video recommended by Craig, I found myself nodding as I listened. You don't have to document toolbox talks, though it is (in my opinion) good practice to know who has participated. The key is that the documentation has to be easy and clear to follow, filled out correctly and the subsewuentvxction taken must be in line with it. So if a toolbox talk is given and signed for, then the team do not or cannot comply with it, it's not only a waste of time, but also will be what gets you into trouble in court.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Safeguard forum!

If you are interested in workplace health & safety in New Zealand, then this is the discussion forum for you.