• Murray Belchamber
    A few years back (about the time when I was Secretary of the Institute of Safety Management) the Institute President was a safety official with TVNZ. One of his tasks was to limit the exposure of unsafe acts shown on TV. I don't know if anyone has that role today so what to do when one of the many DIY/renovation programmes is advertising itself with a clip displaying a young woman drop-starting a chainsaw.
  • Jono Johnson
    Well spotted sir! Odd that someone in the forestry industry hasn't sparked up (or maybe they have but no-one's heard), however I guess if all else fails there's always the broadcasting authority?
    The Block NZ also used to be a regular offender, haven't watched it for a while so don't know if they've tidied their act up.
  • Andrew
    That kind of job would just suit the school yard tittle tattle. Might be a promotion for spotting spulling mistakes on intert forums.

Anyone dense enough to go to TV expecting an education is going to be too dense to take on any "correct use" message insisted upon by the Safety Police.
  • Aaron Marshall
    I'm surprised that the companies featured in these reality shows are so keen, when they show these unsafe acts.
    Displaying evidence of a company's unsafe culture is great fuel for a Worksafe prosecution in the event of an accident.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Safeguard forum!

If you are interested in workplace health & safety in New Zealand, then this is the discussion forum for you.