• Steve H
    How might we enable workers to have the information that tells them where services and utilities are located and give them the time and equipment to work around them safely?

#BetterWorkNZ is the new ambition for WorkSafeNZ and is founded on the fact that when things are going right, they're not going wrong. As New Zealand's health and safety regulator, WorkSafe wants to boost and broaden the way it seeks to ensure that New Zealanders come home from work healthy and safe

https://www.betterwork.nz/category/78517

This is something that might have some legs in making a difference on a number of fronts.
  • Andrew
    Most people, including the head of the union, thought Pike River was going more than all right
  • Steve H
    Most people, including the head of the union, thought Pike River was going more than all rightAndrew

Want to elaborate on that Andrew, and how it sits with a forum set up by WorkSafe to try and improve things, and by things I mean the lack of improvement in the stats of workplace deaths and serious hard accidents (the latter steadily increasing)
  • Andrew

When something says "is supported by WorkSafe, because it's founded on the fact that when things go right, they don’t go wrong." my natural inclination is to go "Fact - Is this indeed a fact?". If it is indeed a fact then my interest is piqued and I'll follow on further.

But in this case the statement isn't passing my sniff test. And as I pointed out the "fact" actually seems to be the opposite. So, if the first statement isn't valid and reliable why would I want to go further. So I don't.

So I struggle to engage in anything after that.

Good luck to them though. The proof will be in the pudding.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Safeguard forum!

If you are interested in workplace health & safety in New Zealand, then this is the discussion forum for you.