• TracyRichardson
    Hi All

I am updating the company covid response plan for the company using the MoH guideline 'Rapid Antigen Testing Guidance for critical workers during phase 2 of the omicron response'.

I have registered our business as per the guidelines. There is no link for ‘Rapid Antigen Testing Form’ on the Ministry of Health website and no information on Collection Sites on Healthpoint website as stipulated on guide page 6.

I called 0800 222 478 and have been on hold now for 45 minutes. I also put a query on MoH facebook page with no response.

Would any of you be able to advise where this information is please?

Regards
    Tracy
  • Chris Anderson
    I'm in the same boat, I think that info will be available tomorrow once the system is live.
  • TracyRichardson
    So update on this trying to adhere to government guideline for Rapid antigen testing Guidance for critical workers

Registering as a critical service
    • I have the email confirmation of registration
    • Business connect website dashboard not showing information when checked
    • Still waiting response on query on what to do next

Rapid Antigen Testing Form link via Ministry of Health website
    • Link not available on Ministry of Health website
    • Registered as a critical business
    • Cannot use webform as per government guidance

Collection Sites on Healthpoint
    • Information available on Healthpoint
    • No RATs available in Canterbury as per website response

As it stands there are no RAT kits available at our at our local Community-Based Assessment Centre (CBAC).

In the interim as there are not RATs available in Canterbury, should any of my staff identify with symptoms, identified as a household member or close contact I will have them stand down immediately with instructions to go for PCR immediately, and if instructed by lab staff to isolate and do the required additional tests at the local covid testing locations.
  • Jane
    Rapid Antigen Test Order Form is here: https://ncts.force.com/ratorder/s/
  • TracyRichardson
    Thank-you. The first straight answer I go this entire morning. All reply's I had so far are links to websites that I have already referenced when putting my covid response plan together
  • TracyRichardson
    I had a look at the form and there are no collection points in our local area. Staff member would have to drive an hour to a collection point. No where on the form to organize a delivery
  • Jane
    maybe you should leave it a day or so, and tell your people that information is coming and you will have your process finalised as it comes clearer for your situation and geographical area. The answers you want will be there soon, this is a three to six month problem.
    If you have a few people out on close contact right now, you will already be dealing with public health for them.
    RAT tests are also available to purchase in the next few weeks, if your company has the capacity to buy a few as back up.
  • TracyRichardson
    Pretty much what I am doing.

My staff will be instructed to go for PCR testing at the local community clinic to ensure they are eligible for the government subsidies should they test positive as the eligibility does not apply to RAT test results
  • robyn moses
    Employed in Primary Industries with food chain reliant on us and animal welfare constraints. Found only one RAT avenue who will sell us 5000 at $12 a pop..lol price 3 weeks ago was half that.
  • TracyRichardson
    Yep. Not really cost effect for small to medium business, Free supply may open up at phase 3. so until then use of walk in clinics and appointment only clinics for free PCR testing only really viable option for staff to ensure eligibility for government subsidies as there is little in the way for business support packages at the moment. Hopefully that will change soon
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Safeguard forum!

If you are interested in workplace health & safety in New Zealand, then this is the discussion forum for you.