• Michael Wilson
    As a fun activty, I am doing an Elf on the Shelf Christas shoot. For thsoe unware the "Elf on the Shelf" is a toy that does naughty things each day leading up to Christmas.

e.g Elf asks people to sign in and tells them nothing about keeping safe
    Elf appraoches moving equipment without contacting the operator and gets run over

Any suggestions?
  • Michelle Dykstra
    Elf wears hi vis to give him superpowers and make him indestructible.
    Elf mops floor and puts out safety signage for others to trip over before they slip n slide.
    Elf decides not to wear earmuffs because he is already deaf.
    Elf delivers toolbox talk in unknown elf-language.
    Elf takes nap in spill kit.
    Elf decides 'elimination' of the hazard is the best control [use your imagination with this one].
  • Sheri Greenwell
    Or Elf decides to manage a hazard by substitution, so they engage a contractor to do the work instead of their own employee.
  • Amy Richards
    I'm living for workplace elf on a shelf. Thanks for the idea Michael! I've taken a slightly different approach. Our workplace is relatively small, but very diverse, so elf has been visiting each area taking a picture of participating in a different activity, then uploading it with a short elf poem. Its been well received and has become a 'day in the life of' storytelling adventure of working here. This week elf has been really good attending inductions and training, but next week elf will get drunk, cut a limb off, and have a drug test. :)
  • Michael Parker
    Nothing like a good Elf 'n Safety story
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Safeguard forum!

If you are interested in workplace health & safety in New Zealand, then this is the discussion forum for you.