• Amy Richards
    Hello, we are looking at a way to communicate back to staff the action we (the company) have taken after receiving feedback from our staff on what would make the workplace better and safer. This is to supplement our current leadership practice of feeding that information back to staff verbally. We are thinking of a ‘You Said, We Did’ type of visual board. Before we launch into this, has anyone seen another innovative way of doing this process? Thanks
  • Andrew
    I come from the old school of "if its not in writing it didn't happen". So verbal comms don't stack up in my book.

I'm also not a big believer in "innovation". Really, what we do aint rocket science.

As an example, with our safety advocates meeting we report back, in writing, on:
    - Issue raised
    - person designated to deal with issue and date to be done by.
    - Date issue resolved and comments on how it was resolved.

It just goes on notice boards. I'd point out the "resolution" might not be what people expect. Sometimes we say "we have done as much as reasonably possible and not going to to do any more"
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Safeguard forum!

If you are interested in workplace health & safety in New Zealand, then this is the discussion forum for you.