• Craig Marriott
    It has been a little while since I posted about a safety innovation community of practice, so I thought it was time for an update. People who expressed an interest and replied to my follow up message should have this update via email. If you are still interested, but didn't follow up, or if this is the first you've heard of it and want in, then please message me with your email address and I'll add you to the distribution list. I won't clog up this forum with separate updates after this one. Update below:

Firstly, apologies for the length of time it has taken. This is entirely my fault through juggling too many things.

Several people fed back to me that, although interested, there was the risk of having too many competing societies, institutes and forums diluting the content. This was a valid point and so we have worked with input from NZISM, the Business Leaders Health and Safety Forum, HASANZ and WorkSafe to develop a common approach.

Currently we are planning (subject to final details):
    • A web presence where we can post case studies and manage a distribution list of interested people. The intention is also to host webinars and on-line discussions, using Zoom as a platform.
    • A process for people to provide feedback on topics they feel would benefit from some innovation as well as ideas to deliver it.
    • Roll out of some training in innovation techniques and turn this into an incubator of ideas to test. We are working to plan this across a range of locations so that it can become a group of self-sustaining local networks.
    • Tap into our network of organisations to run trials of ideas as they arise and feed back results and findings to the broader network.

Hopefully we can get the initial launch of most of these before the end of the year.

Watch this space
  • MattD2
    Thanks for the update Craig - I have to admit to being one of those interested but not getting around to following up and sending back your questionnaire (it's still half completed somewhere)! I'll DM you my email.
    Thanks again
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Safeguard forum!

If you are interested in workplace health & safety in New Zealand, then this is the discussion forum for you.