• Janet Mary Houston
    I've recently started working with a large property developer and am starting to discuss health and safety by design = which has been met with blank looks and complete lack of understanding. I'd rather not advise them to read the WorkSafe Health & Safety by Design Good Practice document and was going to try and summarise it into something more palatable for them - more pictures less words. Rather than reinvent a wheel, I wondered if anyone had anything that they wouldn't mind sharing?
  • KeithH
    @Janet Mary Houston
    Consider using excerpts of NZTAs Minimum Standard Safety in Design for Road Projects here

Suggest you look at the project life cycle on page 12 first to establish context.
    Then page 18 for what to look for in a H&S review. While this is a generic method, it leads to the next step.
    This step is on LinkedIn here. While the article makes good reading, scroll down to the Design Workflow at Different Stages near the bottom.

HTH

Incidently, I don't believe there is a tried and tested procedure here in NZ. I think what you really need is a clear process.
  • Robert Holland
    Hi Janet,

I'm the treasurer for NZSSE (New Zealand Society for Safety Engineering) and I know we have a few powerpoint type presentations we may be able to share? Perhaps email me directly-
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Safeguard forum!

If you are interested in workplace health & safety in New Zealand, then this is the discussion forum for you.