• Peter Bateman
    Safeguard is running a survey about the impact on your organisation's drug & alcohol policies and testing regime should the use of recreational cannabis be legalised as a result of the referendum due to be carried out at the general election in September.

The survey is for NZ-based H&S and HR practitioners working in (or advising) organisations with existing drug & alcohol policies.

The survey is anonymous and takes less than a minute to complete. It will be open until 18 May.

You can do the survey here.

A summary of the results will appear in the May/June edition of Safeguard magazine; I'll also summarise them here on the Forum.
  • Peter Bateman
    Preliminary analysis of just over 400 responses:

Supplementary question Mr Speaker: how representative of the general voting population are H&S practitioners?
  • MattD2
    I can't remember what the questions exactly were In the survey but was there any data gathered on the reason why a respondent opposes/supports the bill? I can't find the attached file now but I have read that a lot of people are basing their choice on existing biases on how they feel about cannabis (one way or the other) and not actually answer the question ask which is "should cannabis be regulated and controlled differently" rather than "should cannabis be legal". The article was based on surveys where they found a large proportion of against actually changed their mind when they were given clear information about what the proposed legislation actually meant.
    Of course take this reply with a large grain of salt as I can't seem to find the article I (at least think) I read!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Safeguard forum!

If you are interested in workplace health & safety in New Zealand, then this is the discussion forum for you.