• Andy Walmsley
    Hello, my name is Andy Walmsley and I am a clinical psychology doctoral student at Massey University.

I am doing suicide prevention research within the construction industry. The present project aims to explore some of the barriers that could be preventing men from seeking help for mental health issues within the construction industry. Additionally, the study is interested in men’s preferences for seeking help from different help-seeking sources.

Would you like to help?

Do you have 10-15mins to complete an anonymous online survey?

If you currently work in the New Zealand construction industry, aged between 18-65 years, and can speak and understand English then you are eligible for the study.

For more information and to access the survey, please copy the below link into your internet browser. Alternatively, you can access the survey on Facebook by searching – walmsley2019

https://qasiasingleuser.asia.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6riL9Kab2HfivOt

All participants go into the draw to win 1 of 50 $40.00 Mitre-10 Store vouchers.

If you have any other contacts within the industry, I would really appreciate you forwarding the survey. My goal is to collect data from 600 men within the construction industry.

If you have any questions please contact:
    Andy Walmsley, Clinical Psychology Doctorate Candidate Massey University Wellington.

021 - 0269- 7566.

This project has been reviewed and approved by the Massey University Human Ethics Committee: Southern B, Application SOB 18/59. If you have any concerns about the conduct of this research, please contact Dr Gerald Harrison, Chair, Massey University Human Ethics Committee: Southern B, telephone 06 356 9099 x 83657, email
  • rebecca telfer
    Hi Andy
    very interested to see your result... i have shared this with a copy of my construction contacts . Good luck
  • Take 5 OHS Consultants
    Hi, Have shared your link on our social media pages. Good luck with your research and results. Great to know that there is some focus out there on construction mental illness
  • Andy Walmsley
    Hi Wayne, thanks for your support. Please let me know if you have any questions.
    Andy

021-0269-7566.
  • Andy Walmsley
    Thank you Rebecca for sharing the post. Please let me know if you have any questions.
    Andy

021-0269-7566.
  • Andy Walmsley
    Thanks for very much. Please let me know if you have any questions.
    Andy

021-0269-7566.
  • Sheri Greenwell
    FYI - I have copied and pasted your request, posted as an article on my LinkedIn page and tagged you, then shared again in the NZISM LinkedIn Group. Good luck with your research - this is important work.
  • James Corlett
    Hi Andy. Will share with Civil Contractors NZ membership. Best wishes with study.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Safeguard forum!

If you are interested in workplace health & safety in New Zealand, then this is the discussion forum for you.