• linda browne
    Hi there
    We are currently reviewing our H&S induction process for our staff.

Currently we are running a mix of H&S induction programs (online induction powerpoint for permanent and casuals watch an outdated H&S video :-)). We also have multiple sites, a mix of permanent and a large number casual staff who have limited English.

Is anyone able to share with me any effective H&S induction videos that are currently in use or recommend a company that creates effective/interactive H&S induction videos that would suit our mix.
    Or any other ideas that are currently being used for inductions would be most appreciated.
    Cheers
    Linda
  • finn
    Hi Linda

have you looked at Simtutor www.simtutor.com
  • James Williamson
    Hi Linda
    I have seen some great NZ content work done by Optimism www.optimism.co.nz
  • Matt
    Hi Linda - there has been some good examples of using VR technology in induction, actually letting those being inducted experience the site before even setting foot on it. I worked with the Applied Technologies team at Beca to help develop an example which is available through the Google Play store / Apple App store. More details in this brochure. If you would like I would be happy to catch up with you sometime for a demo, let me know.
    Cheers,
    Matt
  • Lee Keighley
    Thanks for the ideas. I think these ideas are great. Shame we don't hear about them until we come through the forum.
  • Paul Robertson
    We recently used Omnicron to film and create our induction videos which we then combined with e-learning that we build inhouse. Really great team to work with, but still fairly traditional and not fully utilizing all the technology that is available out there (AR/VR etc).
  • Dianne Campton
    WorkplaceSIM are creating interactive 'gaming' inductions - https://workplacesim.co.nz
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Safeguard forum!

If you are interested in workplace health & safety in New Zealand, then this is the discussion forum for you.