• Ross bucklar
    We (Ministry of Justice) recently conducted a trial evacuation of the Christchurch Justice and Emergency Service Precinct and were provided with the attached regulatory amendment by FENZ. It temporarily suspends the need for building owners to conduct 6-monthly trial evacuations while the Epidenic Preparedness (COVID-19) Notice 2020 is in place (Due to expire on 24 September unless an earlier date stated by the PM).

I don't recall having received an update to say that this amendment had been made until this time and wondered if anyone else had been made aware of this. If so, what channel did you receive that update through so I can revise my contacts to keep in the loop.
    Attachment
    FENZ (COVID-19 - Fire Safety Evactuation Procedures and Evacuation Schemes) Amendment Regulations 2020 (426K)
  • Craig Marriott
    Thanks Ross - I had no idea this was in place and we're linked into various channels, including directly to the MBIE and all of government response to the pandemic.
  • rebecca telfer
    Hi Ross
    we also had no idea this was in place, thanks for the update
  • John Easton
    HI Ross, news to me as well.
  • Dianne Campton
    Yep, best kept secret since sliced bread!
  • Christina Carroll
    Yes, we were aware of this back in April. This was because we were due a trial evacuation and wanted to find out if we still needed to do them. We were not notified but found it on the FENZ website.
  • Tracy Richardson
    Thanks for the update
  • E Baxter
    This is what happened for us as well. We have since resumed trial evacuations
  • Mandy Gudgeon
    We had no information regarding this. Hospice has recently changed our evacuation system (local Fire Service aware) we were instructed by them to conduct our drills, which they attended. Interesting thanks for the information.
  • Jo Moar
    Well I wish I had known about this as I had a H & S audit two months ago and got pinged because we didn't do our timed evacuation trial in March as required (We did it once we were back to Level 2).
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Safeguard forum!

If you are interested in workplace health & safety in New Zealand, then this is the discussion forum for you.